South Newton Music Booster Bylaws
- The purpose of the South Newton Music Boosters is to enhance the South Newton Music Department and to assist its directors through volunteer hours, financial assistance, and moral support.The purposes for which the organization is organized are exclusively religious, charitable, scientific, literary, and educational within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or the corresponding provision of any Future United State Internal Revenue law.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions of these articles, this organization shall not carry on any activities not permitted to be carried on by an organization exempt from Federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 of the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue law.
- A parent of any Elementary, Middle, or High school student who is in band or chorus, or any interested school patron.
- All students enrolled in classes offered by the South Newton Music Department at any time during the current school year are considered members and invited to attend meetings, but may not make motions or vote.
- The title "South Newton Music Boosters" should be attached only to projects voted on and approved by a majority of members present at a Music Boosters meeting.
- Music Boosters will be one organization with band and chorus funds separated.
- Monies earned from special band projects shall go in said fund, and monies earned from special chorus projects shall go into said fund.
- For joint money earning projects, when possible, profits generated by band students will go into the band fund, and profits generated by chorus students will go into the chorus fund. Profits generated by students of both band and chorus will be shared equally.